What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent from the site to the terminal of the person (usually the browser), where they are stored before being forwarded on to the next site visit by the same user. A cookie can not retrieve any other data from your hard drive or pass on computer viruses or capture email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some of the functions of the cookie can be delegated to other technologies. In this document the term ‘cookie’ you want to refer to both cookies, as such, it is in all similar technologies.
Type of cookie
Cookies can be first or third party, where “first part” means the cookie that report as the site domain, while “third party” means the cookies that are related to external domains.
The third-party cookies are necessarily installed by an external, always referred to as “third party”, do not run from the site. Such persons may possibly install first-party cookies, saving on the site domain their own cookies.
Another type of cookies are so-called “Flash Cookies” (Local Shared Objects), used in Adobe Flash Player to deliver some content, such as video clips or animations, so remember your settings and preferences. The Flash cookies are stored on the device, but are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your browser.
Nature of cookies
Regarding the nature of cookies, there are different types:
Cookies technicians are those used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide this service “(cfr. art. 122, paragraph 1, of the Code).
They are not used for other purposes and are usually installed by the owner or operator of the website. Can be divided into:
• cookies or browsing session, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate for access to restricted areas); they are in fact necessary for the proper operation of the site;
• analytics cookies, similar to cookies where technicians used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate, the number of users and how they visit the site in order to improve site performance;
• cookies of features, which allow the user browsing function of a set of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same. For the installation of these cookies is not required the prior consent of the users (more information in section Manage Cookies below).
Cookies profiling are aimed at creating profiles user and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the same part of surfing the net.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site does not have direct control of individual cookies and can not control them (or can not install them directly or delete them). You can manage these cookies through the browser settings (follow the instructions below), or sites listed in the “Manage Cookies”.
Users are therefore advised to check the website of the third party indicated in the table below.
Cookies installed on this site
Here is the list of cookies (logically grouped in functionality or supplier) on this website. The third-party cookies are connecting to the information of the privacy of its external supplier, where you can find a detailed description of each cookie and the treatment which it is put.
List of technical cookies on this site:
For more information, see the pages: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170519-uso-dei-cookie-e-di-altre-tecnologie-simili-da-parte-di-twitter andhttps://twitter.com/privacy?lang=it
For more information, see page http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/
Duration of cookies
Cookies have terms dictated by the expiration date (or from a specific action such as closing the browser) set at installation.
Cookies can be:
• temporary or session (session cookies) are used to store temporary information, allow you to connect the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from your computer browser is closed;
• Permanent (persistent cookie): are used to store information, such as name and password, so as to avoid the user having to type them again each time you visit a particular site. These are stored on your computer even after you close the browser.
If you have already given consent but you want to change the permissions of the cookie, you have to delete them via the browser, because otherwise those already installed will not be removed. In particular, note that you can not in any way control the third-party cookies, so if you have already previously given consent, it is necessary to withdraw the cookies through the browser (section) or requesting the opt out directly to third parties or through the website.